Requisition No: 226482
Agency: Department of Health
Working Title: OPS SENIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE - 64952553 1
Position Number: 64952553
Salary: Hourly rate of pay based on experience and licensure.
Posting Closing Date: 04/28/2021
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Florida Department of Health. If you're looking to build a great career in public health - you've come to the right place. Many of our innovative and successful health programs are recognized throughout Florida. We hope you decide to join this team and make the Florida Department of Health your employer of choice.
The Department of Health’s mission is to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county, and community efforts.
We are seeking nurses (RNs and LPNs) to assist in our COVID-19 efforts, including testing. These positions will work as needed, and the hours could vary including weekend testing events.
KSA’s for these positions include:
- Knowledge of nursing and public health principles, practices & techniques
- Knowledge of how to find information and identify essential information
- Skills in one-on-one interviewing
- Skill to adapt quickly to changes in procedure and program guidelines
- Skill in using a personal computer and applicable software including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to make sound nursing judgments independently within the DOH Scope of Practice
- Ability to adapt to necessary changes in duties and/or schedule for the benefit of the program
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others' actions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to work with persons of a different race, language, culture, or socioeconomic status
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, procedure
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate a personal computer and accompanying software programs
- Ability to maintain accurate and appropriate medical documentation in EMR system, utilizing approved DOH abbreviations when documenting in the electronic medical record
- Ability to learn and maintain proficiency of computer skills & new programs required by the program.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements
- The incumbent must hold a current Florida Registered Nurse, or a Practical Nursing License
- The incumbent must hold a current CPR certification.
- The incumbent must have a valid Florida Driver's License
- The incumbent must have access to and use of dependable transportation to get to and from the work location.
*Note: Your responses to qualifying questions for this position must be verifiable by documentation provided through the electronic application process.
Incumbents may be required to perform emergency duty before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days
Current State Employees - Salary for current employees is based on employee’s current payband/ paygrade.
Only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized alien workers will be hired.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962 will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, visit http://www.sss.gov.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
This position requires a security background check and/or drug screening and participation in direct deposit. Any misrepresentations or omissions will disqualify you from employment consideration. Note: You will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) to conduct this background check.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending on the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tampa