Requisition No: 317484
Agency: Department of Lottery
Working Title: SENIOR RESEARCH MANAGER - 36000019
Position Number: 36000019
Salary: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00
Posting Closing Date: 03/08/2021
This is a highly technical position requiring extensive knowledge in the use of statistical tools to collect and analyze lottery data. The incumbent in this position is primarily called upon to produce forecasts of lottery sales, perform sales analyses, and provide historical sales information quickly and accurately.
- Each employee is expected to be knowledgeable of the Lottery’s Responsible Gaming program, including the No Underage Play and Play Within Your Means messaging, and will ensure retailers and players are aware of the program and provided information, as necessary.
- Providing various kinds of information (generally historical sales data) to different areas within the Lottery upon request (typically Public Information, Marketing, Communication, Finance).
- Performing various ad hoc analyses as required.
- Maintaining Access and Excel databases with up-to-date sales information.
- Providing sales data on a weekly and/or monthly basis to vendors, lottery industry publications, and various other lottery organizations (e.g. NASPL).
- Responding to outside surveys and requests for information regarding sales.
- Preparing lottery sales projections for all Revenue Estimating Conferences.
- Determining what the advertised FLORIDA LOTTO and JACKPOT TRIPLE PLAY jackpots will be set at for each upcoming draw.
- Producing scratch-off ticket sales forecasts as requested.
- Analyzing the cost effectiveness of lottery sales promotions.
- Estimating impact of game changes or new game introductions.
- Performing special projects and additional duties as assigned and directed by the Director of Product and/or Deputy Secretary of Product and Sales.
- Generating various weekly statistical reports related to sales performance.
- Attendance and data accuracy are essential functions of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the techniques used in compiling and analyzing data
- Ability to compile statistical data to assist management, sales and all Lottery divisions.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret economic and statistical data.
- Ability to review, analyze and evaluate financial and operational data
- Ability to understand and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to prepare data requests, and other discovery to elicit appropriate information
- Ability to develop and present written analyses and reports relating to the impact of policy changes
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
Other job-related requirements for this position:
Successful passing of a criminal background check (state, local, and national) is required).
The completion of high school, or the equivalent, resulting in the awarding of a high school diploma or the equivalent, such as the General Education Development (commonly referred to as a GED) award.
Maintains strict confidentiality of information learned while working with the Florida Lottery, whether learned through assigned duties or through working with other units. The types of confidential information may include, but are not limited to, payroll information, budget matters, policy decisions, tax matters, employee disciplinary issues, and other personnel data.
Total hours in workweek: 40
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee